Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

first day on the job

With a Criminal Minds marathon planned, Small Business Finance homework begging to get finished, and a stomach growling angrily at me, I, in my genius moment decided to start a blog. Maybe it's because I read so many blogs from other people online. Maybe it's because I felt like writing my "college adventures" down so I'll remember them. Or maybe it's because I needed one more thing to distract me from school.

I'm going with the latter.

So here it is, my blog. I don't really see anyone reading this. It's more of a guilty pleasure to have and to make me feel important. That way when I'm sitting in class and something AMAZING happens, I can say "oh, I'm totally blogging about this when I get home." Maybe I'll just say that in my head and not out loud. I mean I do sit by a cute redhead [in not one but two of classes] wouldn't want him to think I'm strange or awkward.

It's Sunday afternoon internet world. I've officially caught up on all my blog reading, wasted enough time on facebook stalking people from high school, and successfully avoided the mess in my room; I guess that means I should do something productive with my last hours of the weekend before my first full week of junior year begins. Finance here I come. Pencil at the ready.

2 comments:

  1. haha! rest assured someone IS reading. That someone is ME ;)
    Take it easy and take everything in strides. It would be lovely if you also followed my blogs
    http://stu-dentdiaries.com
    http://climbreachachieve.blogspot.com

    thnx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya!

    First off, thanks for the comment/follow. :]
    Secondly, don't worry about getting people to read your blog/follow it. If you're passionate about what you write, people will be drawn to your writing. While you're waiting for people to read your blog, use it to creatively document your experiences. I love going back through my posts to see how my writing, opinions, style, topics, etc., have changed over time. And when college is over, we'll probably thank ourselves that we took the time to capture this stage of our lives. And trust me, it makes you want to be a better/cooler person just so you can blog about all of the cool things you did. Lol. And who knows, maybe one day the cute red-head will read your blog and realize that you guys have sooo much in common and will totally ask you out. Oh happy day.

    Thus ends my rant.

    Cheers,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete