Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

A chance to take a breathe

I can officially say I do not know where my time has been going. It seems like lately the days are getting shorter and the nights are coming faster and my sleep is becoming nonexistent. I've never in my life been so confused as to where time has been going. I've had a test every week for the last 8 weeks straight and it won't be letting up until after finals. I await the day when I don't have to study at night. When am I graduating and not having to worry about test? Anyways, my life. Well, hmmm let's see.

This past weekend I went home to the annual National Peanut Festival. I have gone to this since I was a wee little bean in my mothers belly. I missed the nut fest last year due to my inability to get home. However this year, I refused to miss it. And my stomach was happy about this. In a span of just two hours I ate: a corn dog from the corn dog man (which is amazing hand dipped batter), an elephant ear, chili cheese fries (homemade chili recipe from generations ago), roasted corn on the cob, and boiled peanuts. My stomach was in heaven. I also took in the sights and sounds that is my home town. The rednecks were out in full swing and the confederate flags were not lacking that's for sure. Plenty of y'alls and tobacco spitting all around. I wouldn't have it any other way, at least not at the good ole Nut Fest.

As for college life: it goes. I go to class, go to work, go to the library, go home, eat, sleep. And do it all over again the next day. I can't complain. It keeps me busy I guess?

That's why nothing exciting has happened with me lately. I literally don't know where the time is going. Any free time I have I'm spending with friends and that's usually only a few hours. The weekend before last I reveled in the fact that I could  go to a haunted hay ride with one group of friends and then go watch tv with another after that and not feel bad about doing so. I think I'm just ready for a chance to breathe.

I hope that is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment