Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I thought engineers were shy and awkward?

I am not a fan of the engineering majors in my university. All the ones I have met have not been the greatest people in the entire world. Aside from the gay ones. I love my gays. They make me laugh, but I digress. I have what some would call a grudge against the engineers. I won't bore you with all the sad stories, (trust me there are many) however I feel like saying my peace when it comes to the last engineer that "did me wrong." I feel like if I can say some of this to myself it'll help me even more to realize how much better off I am without him. Great as a friend, not in a relationship. That was us.

Software engineer boy. That's what I lovingly referred to him as for almost a year. He was mine and I was his. He told me when he was with me he felt no need to get drunk or high because he'd rather spend time with me.  The idea that I could have that affect on someone astonished me. I was proud of him. We were happy. I think? Well, until I became unhappy. And he became unhappy. We were both stubborn and refused to give up though. We fought through it. The sexual tension between us was nothing short of A-mazing. We would fight and then we would make up all in the span of one afternoon. Until May.

On his birthday he divulged a secret. He was no longer in love with me. He loved me, just not IN LOVE. But he wanted to work it out, pulled me into his lap and kissed me sweetly. I looked at him... and threw up. Strike one.


A few days later he broke plans with me to hang out with a new girl. Didn't tell me he was breaking these plans, just refused to answer his phone. Leaving me: hungry, alone, and crying my eyes out with Titanic playing in the background. Strike two.


The day before my biggest final he comes over to "talk." Oh I knew it was coming. Because I was going to do it if he wouldn't. I was just going to wait until finals were over. He still loved me, he just couldn't love anyone right now. He needed to decide some things with his life. Strike three. AND you're out. 


I know, that's not such a big deal. He broke up with me. Deal with it and move on. Oh, honey, I have, trust me. But the best part hasn't even come yet.

The night we broke up, he went out with a new girl. They started dating two days later. Oh happy day.

He still cares about me though... he tells me that periodically (while still dating this new girl). Creepy right? I thought so. He started smoking pot again. My heart breaks over that. He says he is clean. And God I hope so. Cause I hate to see someone's life go down the drain.

Swindled by another engineer.

After him, I swore to stop dating people from the engineering department.

This is a horrible mindset to have. But, it works for me. And I'm okay with that. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you have your reasons. Just like I have mine not to date again until someone surpasses the amazing that I saw for a glorious 3 weeks of my life. Until then, let's just be happy that we're alive, that we have friends that love us, and that we have the power of WOMAN behind us to cheer us on with all of our angst against guys.

    PS-since we're girls, we also get pig out nights...girly movies, junk food, you know the drill. once we get a spare moment [and when i say we, i mean me and my crazy hectic schedule] i think we should take our femininity up on that offer and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dated two asses in the engineering department as well. I stopped dating in that department too, but it was difficult as I am also an engineering major. I ended up dating a philosophy major who complements me rather nicely.

    ReplyDelete